The Cedar Shoals High School Jaguars and Clarke Central High School Gladiators play in the annual Classic City Championship on October 4, 2019. The Jaguars defeated the Gladiators 17-7 in the previous match away at Billy Henderson Stadium. The Jaguars hope to reinforce their 2018-19 win on Friday night at Waters-Wilkins Stadium.
- 1974 – The Classic City Championship series began in 1974, two years after Cedar Shoals was established across town merging Athens High and Burney-Harris. The Championship put former Gladiator teammates against each other with the Jags winning 14-7.
- 53 – Friday will be the fifty-third Championship game in the rivalry series.
- 49 – Leroy Ryals holds the record for points put up in a single game throughout the series. Ryals, head coach of the Gladiators at the time, coached his team to a 49-13 win in the 2012 game.
- 2018 – The Jaguars defeated the Gladiators at Death Valley in the 2018 game. After facing an eleven game losing streak, the Jaguars overcame their opposition beating the Gladiators 17-7.
- 1 – Since 2004, the Jaguars have only had one win against the Gladiators at home. During the 2004 home game, the Jags claimed the championship by three points beating the Gladiators ending the night 25-22.
Key Central players:
- 1,159 – Yards that Clarke Central senior Quarterback Isaac Ward has been responsible for this season.
- 562 – Senior Running back O’Brien Barnett has been responsible for 562 rushing yards this season.
- 604 – Junior Wide receiver Nono Mack has been responsible for 604 receiving yards this season averaging 20.8 yards per catch.
- 1,938 – The Clarke Central football team has put up a total of 1,938 yards this season. 752 of those yards have come from rushes and 1,186 have come from passes
- 311 – The Clarke Central defense has 311 tackles this season.
- 3-2 – The Clarke Central Gladiators have a record of 3 wins and 2 losses, falling to Lanier High School on the road and Flowery Branch at home.
Key Cedar players:
- 846 – Cedar quarterback Jaylan Rusher has racked up 846 yards for the Jaguars this season.
- 540 – Jerdavian Colbert, sophomore running back, has had 104 carries for 540 rushing yards.
- 248 – Rickil Willingham has been responsible for 248 receiving yards on 17 receptions.
- 1,723 – The Cedar Shoals football team has put up a total of 1,723 yards this season. 1,156 of those yards have come from rushes and 547 have come from passes.
- 334 – The Cedar Shoals defense has a total of 334 tackles this season.
- 4-1 – The Cedar Shoals Jaguars have a record of four wins and one loss, falling to Oconee County on the road.
- 13 – Both Isaac Ward and Jaylan Rusher have put up 13 touchdowns. Ward has thrown 12 touchdown passes with one rushing touchdown. Jaylan Rusher has thrown 10 touchdown passes and scoring three touchdowns on the ground.